Version 1.21 of Writing in Japanese Hiragana and Katakana is out now!
- Added more words for 2, 3, 4 and 5 syllable words, with 350+ Japanese words now!
- Apple watch support
- Fixed issue with star not calculating for Hiragana/Katakana set
- Fixed issue where star rating was not calculated if you failed on the final round
The WIJ's Japanese Hiragana & Katakana app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) will help you master Japanese hiragana, katakana and practical everyday Japanese words.
Want to learn Japanese Hiragana/Katakana?
Want to learn practical everyday Japanese words?
Want an app to help test your knowledge of Japanese?
Japanese Hiragana & Katakana will help you with all of the above!
I created this app to answer those exact questions I had in my mind. I wanted an app where I can keep going over the basic Japanese characters and words to help retain my knowledge.
The objective of the app is to complete each level set which comprises of the number of rounds you select at the beginning.
To pass each round you will need to tap the correct kana (Hiragana or Katakana) lantern in the order that is required to spell out the alphabet or word.
Short on time? Just play the lower level sets!
Plenty of time? Challenge yourself to the 'all' level sets.
Head over to the App store, and download and try out the app!
Enjoy learning and playing!
- Hiragana and Katakana alphabet levels
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Japanese syllable word levels with more coming
- 200+ practical everyday Japanese words
- A range of character/word sets within each levels to enjoy depending on your free time
- Romaji (romanisation) and English translation
- Voice over for all words in Japanese
- Different backgrounds taken in Japan
- Leaderboard to conquer
- iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max and Xr support
Many of the levels are free, but we do offer the 'Unlock Japanese' pack to enjoy the full app with all levels unlocked, additional backgrounds and features.